Working from the DB design that I have developed I used MySQL Workbench to implement the database. I initial started with the original design and have been updating it along to match changes to the database that I felt were necessary. These changes were highlighted in the previous blog.
To create the database I setup a new schema “prjrfid701” to create the database in. I then used the built in table creator to construct the tables and their relationships. Before the table creator implements the table it shows the SQL that will be used to create it. I copied this down into a sql file so that I could build the database at a later date. I then went to a website called Mockaroo which allows to to create 1000 rows of test data. I used this to build test data in tables I thought would need it, like the person and person_uid tables. The test data will help with creating procedures that will be used to implement the section of the website that I’m going to implement.
In the next blog I will be creating a series of procedures for a web page proof of concept example.